Basic white bread
Tried and tested. My personal recipe
12.5ml salt25ml sugar
10g instant dry yeast
500ml warm water
Mix all ingredients in a large bowl to form a rough dough. Knead thorougly until smooth. Grease bowl with oil and place ball of dough in bowl. Brush top of dough with oil. Cover and leave to rise. Knead again to even out
1) Pizza: Use half the dough and roll out into pizza. Prepare as usual and bake at 210°C for 10 minutes
2) Farmhouse loaf: Cut a slit in the top of the crust lengthways, sprinkle flour over top of loaf and bake.
3) Crown loaf: Divide dough into 7 equal pieces. Mould into balls and arrange in a 20cm round baking tin. After proving, egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds over. Bake.
4) Cottage loaf: Divide dough in 3/4 and 1/4. Mould each into a ball. Push the handle of a wooden spoon in to make a hole. Make a mushroom shape of the smaller ball and anchor the stem into the hole made in the base. Press the wooden spoon handle through the center of both to join and remove spoon immediately. Prove, gla
5) Plaited loaf: Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each into a long sausage. Join in the center and fold each piece over exactly opposite each other or divide dough into 3 pieces and plait in the traditional way. Prove, glaze, sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake.